Over the past year, eBay has expanded 19% to 159 million users. Since eBay is available in 180 countries, over 2 billion products are bought and sold daily.
Selling on eBay can boost your business and income.
Have you noticed how much stress is placed on having a catchy eBay title by sellers?
For what reason do eBay titles need to be so descriptive? And how important is it to have a catchy title and description while selling on eBay?
In this short article, we'll go over some simple strategies for creating engaging titles and descriptions that sell on eBay.
Every seller wants to make the very best eBay listing titles, and there are loads of online resources to help. But honestly, listing titles is more complicated than people realize.
Why? Because most recommendations focus on how titles affect search rankings, there are two reasons to worry about listing titles:
Ranking search results no doubt, eBay listing titles may boost or hurt your search rankings.
To get shoppers to click and buy, you must stand out and get them to click and buy, not just scroll by.
Is it okay to copy someone else's eBay description?
The answer to this question is both yes and no, which makes it hard to answer.
You can safely use some information from a different source. This includes the item's weight, dimensions, and any other important details that describe it. Usually, there's no other way to say what you need to say.
Reminder - You shouldn't copy text from someone else's description, including the benefits, features, and more. A free plagiarism checker, like Grammarly's, could be helpful. So, you can be sure that your content hasn't been used anywhere else on eBay or the internet.
The same goes for photos. You should own these without copyright. Take a picture of clothing at home and post it on eBay. However, you cannot use the shirt image on the original seller's website. Buyers will be curious.
Now, eBay product descriptions can only be 4,000 characters (including spaces). This varies by word. It shouldn't be too long, or people won't read it.
Although you can write more words, eBay limits descriptions to 250 characters. Usually, you go above 800–1,000 characters. However, the most important and attention-grabbing content should be in the first few words.
If you're just starting out and want to know, What are the Types of Products Sold by Top Sellers on eBay? We've compiled a list of responses.
Here are some Guidelines for Creating Attractive Titles and Detailed Product Descriptions on eBay:
1. Use specific phrases to describe your product. You can use 80 characters.
2. Do not use a bunch of different words that mean the same thing.
3. Don't forget the little things; perfect grammar and spelling are essential.
4. Make sure to mention the product's brand and quality in the title on eBay.
5. Specifics should be included. Size, color, and condition are just a few examples.
6. Explain in detail what it is you're selling, even if the category name is already in the headline.
7. If your product came in its original packaging, be sure to mention that.
8. Any signs of use should be pointed out as flaws in pre-owned items for sale.
A Smart Seller Knows That a Listing Title serves at least Three Purposes:
1. It's the first thing people see when they look up your listing or product in a search engine.
2. It gives buyers the main search engine terms to use to find your stuff. This includes eBay's internal search tools and other engines like Google that search within eBay.
3. If you use a modern listing tool, the software will use the title to put your item in the right product area.
An Example of a Good eBay Title and Description
Product Title; Smartphone, Apple iPhone 5 (Latest Model), 16GB, White and Silver
Product Description; The Apple iPhone 5 is streamlined and fashionable, making it lightweight and convenient to carry.
- This phone is only four months old, yet it works perfectly.
- Lithium rechargeable battery
- Charger and screen protector included.
- Talk time is up to 480 minutes
- 4-inch Retina screen with 1136 x 640 pixel resolution.
- Loaded with useful functions!
Another Example of A Perfect eBay Item Description
Product Title; Levi's 501 Original Fit Straight Leg Button Fly 100% Cotton Blue Black
Product Description; With a buttoned fly, Mid-Rise / Waist-Hugging The Authentic Style, Traditional five-pocket straight-leg cut, Washing and drying machine-safe 100% cotton, Imported.
- Conditions; Brand new with tags. A brand-new, unused, and fresh item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (like the original box or bag) and/or with the original tags attached.
- Model; Levi's 501 is a model. Original Size Details:
- Accent; Button
- Country of Manufacturer; Mexico is the country or area where it was made.
- Division: Men
- Style: Straight Leg, Classic
- Type of Fabric: Denim
- Product Line; Levi's 500 Series is a line of products.
What is Against eBay's Rules for Products and Titles?
1. Avoid providing details that are unreliable or offensive.
2. Don't provide any contact information (such as a phone number, email, or website). Domain name sales are an exception to this rule.
3. Avoid using expressions like "wow" and "look." Buyers do not use these search terms.
4. Avoid using taboo terms like illegal and prohibited.
Can I include Amazon.com links in my eBay Product Descriptions?
No, you can't put Amazon links in the listings of your eBay items. There are a few cases, but you can't send customers to other websites through eBay. It hurts business. You also can't offer to sell your things somewhere other than eBay.
The only links allowed are to other eBay pages, such as product pages, store pages, discussion boards, and so on. Links to related video content can also be included.
What Is the Proper Layout for eBay Product Descriptions?
Formatting eBay descriptions makes them professional and easy to read. Add your own style to eBay listings. Check that you're on the product page, where you can enter the description. eBay usually provides a preset product description that can be easily updated.
Scroll to the “Describe the item" Here, you can change font size and style, add italics and bold text, insert numbers and bullets, and more.
Fill out the box with brief sentences and paragraphs. Add bullet points for extra impact. A link can be added from "create links" here as well. This article shows how to link to a similar product. Be aware that eBay product description regulations restrict link placement.
Note; You can put anything you like in the space provided for standard comments.
With the help of a great eBay killer listing, you can sell more.
If you're looking to start your own eBay business, we hope you find these suggestions useful. There is a lot to learn and many factors to consider when selling on eBay. If you do it right, it can be a rewarding and fruitful effort.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and we hope you've learned something new! The goal of this blog post is to show you how to write a good title and description for an eBay product. If you like this blog, you can find more blogs about e-commerce and online business on SellerUniverse.com. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter.
Related Topic; You might also be interested in this topic Buying and Flipping It Back on eBay
Is there a way to evaluate an eBay seller's performance?
You can find the best and most trustworthy sellers on eBay by looking at their seller ratings, feedback scores, and the number of things they've sold. You can see how other buyers liked buying from your seller by looking at their seller reviews. The better a seller is, the higher his or her rating score.