There are already over 100 million podcast listeners in the United States, and that number continues to grow every year.
Currently estimated at $1.73 billion in 2022, the market for podcast advertising income is expected to reach $3.2 billion by 2026.
Since more people are using smartphones, podcasting has become more accessible, and its popularity is growing. If you can use a podcast to build a group of people, you can also use it to build trust.
Podcasts can serve a number of purposes, but most of them are meant to be entertaining. A podcast can be listened to for many different reasons, including interest in an issue, interest in current events, or even just for a good chuckle.
So sit back and relax, because we will find out in this short article why podcasts should be part of your marketing strategy, so you must read it all the way to the end.
You probably aren't aware that podcasts can be an effective tool for marketing, right?
You can use podcasting to grow your audience, advertise to potential customers, or promote the business you run.
A podcast is a great way to do more than one thing at once. Audio podcasts don't demand a lot of your time or attention, though. A podcast can be listened to while working, doing chores, or even working out.
When people listen to podcasts, they can talk to a larger group of people.
Podcasts could help people find people who are interested in the same things they are. For many podcasts, there are forums or Discord channels where viewers can talk to each other.
Here are The Top Reasons Why Podcasts Should Be Part of Your Marketing Strategy!
1. Audiences will find it quite practical - Podcasts are becoming more and more popular for many reasons, one of which is their ease of use.
The good thing about this is that podcast listeners have much more flexibility than those who watch videos. People listen to them while working out, driving, eating, and sometimes even at work if the task (and podcast) at hand permits multitasking.
2. Engage with your intended audience - You won't make a branded podcast only to talk about your business and promote your products, just like you won't constantly promote yourself on social media. Nobody wants to hear that information repeatedly.
Podcasting is all about sharing experiences and giving your listeners something worthwhile.
Since a typical podcast episode lasts 38 minutes, your business can go into great detail about any subject you choose.
3. You can promote and advertise your business - Do you have a new product coming out soon? Spend an episode learning everything there is to know about it. What it does, how it works, what makes it special, how much it costs, etc.
Are you running a special sale? Use the podcast to reveal the secret information. This will not only get more people to listen, but it will also help your business.
Podcasts, like any other marketing tool, are most effective when they are used regularly and consistently, such as once a week. And since it's a podcast for your business, you get to decide what gets discussed.
A study found that podcast ads in the U.S. alone will bring in close to $1 billion in 2020.
4. Build Strong Client/Partner Relationships - Just as you would boost the voices of people in your business, you should also boost the voices of your clients. Instead of praising yourself, have your customers or key partners do it. In the end, everyone comes out ahead. The customer can talk about their business and how your company's goods or services have helped them.
Note; If you have key partners, inviting them to be guests on the podcast is a great way to show how much you value working with them and strengthen the relationship.
5. Open the door to successful partnerships - Getting an influential person to guest on your podcast is easier than getting them to publish a piece or interview. It's easier and more entertaining for them, and the talk-show format lets you bond with the interviewee.
You don't even have to be together to accomplish these episodes, but they allow you to brainstorm with guests. Your podcast can spark new ideas and collaborations.
6. Keep in people's minds - Podcasting makes staying top-of-mind easier than any other content marketing tactic for loyalty.
You should schedule social media, blogs, and other content. But rarely will someone follow your blog posting schedule religiously. Podcasting has the same culture of expectation as Netflix, where listeners track episode releases. Podcasts are great for brand recognition because of that.
Is it worth it to start a podcast?
After learning the answer to the question, "What is podcasting?" you may be wondering if this kind of digital entertainment is right for the business that you manage.
A podcast is a great tool for content promotion. Launching a podcast is a great way to engage with listeners and attract new ones. If you have a subscription list, podcast episodes can be readily distributed to your audience.
Note; Still, it's important to look at the big picture before you start a new show. Weigh the pros and cons to figure out the best way to move forward.
Why is making a podcast a good idea?
1. Pricing is low. Podcasts are time-consuming, but they don't require a lot of money to start. Creating a podcast doesn't require a large start-up cost.
2. Accessing podcasts is simple. Podcasts are a great alternative to more challenging forms of media because of how simple they are to consume. The listeners of your podcast may listen whenever it is convenient for them.
3. It expands your reach. If your podcast is successful, word-of-mouth will grow your audience. In terms of expanding your audience, this strategy is second to none.
Why is making a podcast a bad idea?
1. It takes time. You'll need time to record and edit podcast episodes. Your podcast needs marketing to attract more listeners.
2. Some don't listen to podcasts. Podcasts have a large audience, but not everyone likes them. Before starting a podcast, decide if it's the best way to reach your audience.
3. Must be entertaining. An uninteresting podcast will lose most listeners quickly. Consider the content you wish to create before launching a podcast.
There's no denying that podcasts are wildly popular, but why do people listen to them?
The accessibility of podcasts is a major selling point. People may listen to podcasts for free, whether they're at home or on the go.
Given the wide variety of podcasts available, it should be possible to find one that suits just about anyone's interests. There is a podcast out there for everyone, whether they're looking for something informative or something to make them laugh out loud.
Invest in podcasts. They offer an amazing chance for marketing.
With podcasts, you can quickly and easily reach your target audience, separate yourself from the competition, increase your conversion rate, and earn the confidence of your listeners. More people are tuning in to hear them too. Podcasts are a great way to grow your brand because they are more personal than written content, which might appear impersonal.
So all you need to do is make sure your audience is interested in podcasts before you start making them.
We appreciate you taking the time to read this, and we hope you've learned something new about Why Podcasts Should Be Part of Your Marketing Strategy. If you find that this blog is helpful, you can also look through selleruniverse.com to find some intriguing and engaging topics about e-commerce and businesses Also, please don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter.
How successful are podcasts as a form of marketing?
A poll found that 71% of podcast listeners have visited a sponsor's website, and 63% would consider a new product or service offered on a podcast. Podcasts are great for businesses for these reasons: Starting is simple.