Did you know that in 2022, the biggest online marketplaces around the world sold more than $3.25 trillion worth of goods, almost entirely from third parties?
One of the easiest ways to get extra money is online selling. With just a few clicks of the mouse, people all over the world may get whatever they need, whenever they need it.
You can also use the internet to sell products if you're feeling competitive and would rather make money than spend it, and the best thing is finding the best site to sell your stuff.
It is now easy, secure, and fast for sellers and buyers to meet and do business thanks to online marketplaces.
Note; Selling websites must be trusted and familiar to buyers in order to succeed. So you must always choose the best and most legit websites to sell your stuff online. That's why popularity is important when picking an online selling platform.
Here are Eight of the biggest online marketplaces where you can sell things:
1. Amazon - Amazon is reportedly visited by 5.2 billion unique users per month, making it one of the most popular websites in the world.
Here, you may get anything from name-brand electronics to kids' toys, home furnishings, and apparel. Just about anything you put up for sale is likely to attract buyers, so have fun.
Amazon has two plans for sellers:
The Individual plan costs $0.99 per sale, and the Professional plan costs $39.99 per month, no matter how many sales you make.
If you're a first-time seller, we've put together the Top 10 Must-Have Amazon Seller Tools and the Secrets of Writing Product Titles That Sell on Amazon for you to gain some understanding.
2. eBay - Now let's see if eBay can compete with Amazon.
You can find lots of listings for electronics, health and beauty goods, home and garden tools, and many other things in the same wide range of categories.
It's important to be aware of the many seller plans available, just like when working with Amazon.
Starter, Standard, Premium, Anchor, and Enterprise are the five tiers of site subscriptions. These plans range in price and features from $7.95 per month to $2,999.95 per year, so there's sure to be one that works for you.
To help you out or if you are a first-time seller on eBay, we've compiled a list of the most popular items currently being sold by a top seller on eBay.
3. Walmart Marketplace - Everyone knows about Walmart shops, but did you know that you could also sell through Walmart Marketplace? Yes, you could put your items on the Walmart website and reach one of the largest groups of people in the U.S.
Tech gadgets, home appliances, school supplies, and office materials are some of the best-selling items here. The good thing about this is you do not have to pay any yearly or monthly fees.
As an alternative, you will only get paid a referral fee of anywhere from 6–20% of the sale price of each item you sell.
Note; To become a seller, you need only submit an application, fill out a seller profile, and wait for approval.
4. Facebook Marketplace - Even though regular Facebook users probably already know this, individuals who haven't checked out Facebook Marketplace have missed out on a great opportunity to connect with potential customers in their area.
Creating a Facebook profile and a listing are all that's required to begin selling on Facebook Marketplace. Since the Marketplace is accessible to all Facebook users, you should expect to quickly have access to a sizable audience.
Note; When a sale is made through Facebook Marketplace, a 5% fee is deducted from the total sale price.
5. Etsy - Etsy is well-known as the premier online marketplace for unique, handmade goods. Sellers are not required to use stock photographs, settle on a theme, or stress over colors. Putting your products on sale is as simple as uploading them.
Did you know that Etsy gets a small percentage of each transaction and a payment processing fee for each item listed?
Note; Etsy supports SSL-encrypted payments. It also has methods to protect sellers and buyers from fraud.
If you are a first-time seller, you might be interested in this article:
6. Shopify - Unlike Etsy or Amazon, business owners have full control over their Shopify site, including how it looks, what it says, how much it costs, and whether or not there are any deals.
With Shopify's adjustable templates, colors, and other features, it's easy to make a website that fits your brand. Also, Shopify customers can check out of any store hosted on the site with just one click.
Here are a few more reasons why Shopify is a good choice for your online store:
It has SEO tools built right in. Shopify gives users tools to make their sites work better, which could lead to more people visiting the site.
It has paid and free themes. Give your site the look you want without spending more than you can afford.
Maybe you're thinking about opening a Shopify store and want to know what the best product-sourcing app is in Shopify.
7. Bonanza - Bonanza may not be as well-known as some of the other e-commerce giants on this list, but it still attracts between 4.1 and 5.2 million unique visits every month, making it one of the most rapidly growing e-commerce platforms on the web.
And it's still expanding today.
The lack of listings and monthly store fees may contribute to its general popularity. In reality, Bonanza only takes a 3.5% cut of the sale price once your item has been sold.
Note; Bonanza has a blacklist of prohibited items. Please refer to the terms and conditions page or get in contact with customer care for any clarification.
8. Handshake - Unlike the other wholesale marketplaces on this list, Handshake is open to all B2B sellers, regardless of the types of goods they sell. This includes anything from clothing and accessories to food and drink, stationery, beauty products, and even pets.
In other words, this is the place to go if you want to grow your company.
The good news is that there are zero referral or commission costs associated with this. At least for now, 100% of the proceeds are yours to keep.
Please take note that in order to apply for wholesaler status on Handshake, you must first have a Shopify account.
And if you are having trouble finding the Most Profitable Online Business Ideas Worth Starting in 2023, you might also be interested in this article.
Now You Know!
Keep in mind that this is all a learning process as you make your listings and wait for the perfect consumers to come along, and try to avoid spending all of your money at once.
There is no e-commerce site that works for everyone, but there is one that will work for your business. Even if your products are handmade, imported from another country, or innovative, there is a store out there that wants to work with you.
This blog is made to help you find the Best and most legit selling site to sell your stuff online. If you like this blog and want to read more interesting and entertaining articles about e-commerce, please visit SellerUniverse.com, and don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter.
Stay safe, and good luck with the sale!