Did you know that the Amazon seller community went mad when they banned incentivized reviews in October 2016? Some sellers protested, some gave up, while others recognized an opportunity.
How to get more Amazon reviews? It's the same question as always. Even though there's no easy answer, you shouldn't stop trying.
The best way to get more Amazon product reviews, whether you sell FBA or FBM, is to have great goods, a lot of happy customers, and a great track record. But it takes a long time to get a name like that.
These reviews can make or break the image of your product and how well it sells. But if you want to get a lot of reviews, you need to be careful and follow Amazon's strict rules.
When you ask for a review, it takes even more time and work to make sure that Amazon doesn't cancel your account (more on that later).
In this informative and short blog post, we'll show you how to get positive ratings on Amazon without breaking any of their policies. So, let's go!
The exact way that Amazon's algorithms figure out product ratings (and, indirectly, search results) is a riddle wrapped in a mystery. Amazon's solution to the question of how product ratings are made is:
"Amazon doesn't use a simple average to figure out a product's star rating. Instead, it uses machine-learning models."
Why Do Reviews on Amazon Matter?
Let's first analyze why reviews are so important for your Amazon business before getting into the strategies to gather them.
Trust-Building: Potential buyers are more likely to trust a business with good reviews. When shoppers see that other buyers like a product, they are more likely to buy it.
Greater visibility: When Amazon ranks products in search results, it takes into account the quantity and caliber of reviews. Visibility can go up if there are more reviews.
Feedback Loop: Reviews are a great way to get feedback on what customers like and don't like about your product. Product development and advertising tactics can both use this kind of feedback.
Related Topic; You may also be interested in reading about the reasons why you need to trademark your Amazon brand.
Before you start working on a plan to get reviews on Amazon, it's important to learn about their rules. Amazon has rules that must be followed for their review system to stay honest.
Here are some important things to keep in mind:
1. No incentives for reviews: Amazon doesn't let people get free products or discounts in return for reviews. This includes getting any kind of payment in exchange for a review.
2. Genuine reviews only: Only real, Unbiased Reviews Will Do! Reviews must be 100% real. There should be no financial or personal ties to the goods for the reviewer.
3. No Manipulation Allowed: You are not allowed to influence reviews in any way, including by encouraging or pressuring customers to provide favorable feedback.
4. Content Guidelines: Amazon's Content Guidelines are something that should be taken into consideration when writing reviews. It is not permitted to use language that is offensive, provide personal information, or include promotional content.
Reminder: If a seller sees a review that seems fishy, they should write to email@example.com to report it. Your competitors have a good reason to report you, so don't make it easy for them by abusing the review system.
Read the Community Guidelines, which tell buyers what they can and can't say in reviews. By learning these rules, you can help make sure that you don't ask customers to do anything that could get them in trouble.
Eight Tips for Getting Amazon Reviews the Right Way and Legally!
Now that we've talked about how important Amazon reviews are and what the rules are for them, let's look at some good ways to get reviews:
1. Give your customers the best service you can - Customer service is the most important part of getting good reviews. Make sure that buying from you is easy for your customers.
Take care of any problems quickly and in a skilled way. Customers who are happy are more likely to leave good comments.
2. Improve the way you list your products - A well-optimized product offering with clear and detailed descriptions, high-quality images, and competitive prices can bring in more buyers.
Customers are more likely to leave good reviews when they get what they want.
3. Use Amazon's "Ask for a Review" function - On the Seller Central site, Amazon has a "Request a Review" button. You can use this function to automatically ask customers who have bought something to leave a review.
Just be smart about how you use it and don't spam buyers.
4. Join the Early Reviewer Program on Amazon - If it's hard for you to get early reviews for a new product, you might want to sign up for the Amazon Early Reviewer Program.
Amazon will give confirmed buyers a reason to leave reviews if they pay a fee.
5. Use social media and email marketing to work for you - Use social media and email marketing to get the word out about your goods. Encourage happy customers to tell Amazon what they think.
Make sure you don't give them any reason to do it.
6. Listen to customer questions and comments - Keep an eye on your product pages for questions and comments from customers. Quickly answer questions and take care of any problems that people bring up.
This shows potential buyers that you pay attention to their needs and want to make them happy.
7. Product unboxing and review videos should be pushed - In the electronic world that we live in now, video is king. Encourage your customers to make videos of their goods being opened and reviewed.
These movies can serve as strong testimonials and bring in more customers.
8. Make a community for your brand - Make a community around your brand where buyers can talk about their experiences and give you feedback.
Getting your audience involved can make them more loyal and encourage them to write reviews.
Related Topic; You might also be interested in How Amazon FBA Helps Your Business Succeed, so we put together this list.
There is no magic bullet for Amazon reviews. Amazon restricts various behaviors and has a Seller Code of Conduct. This means you must treat others fairly and honestly, as well as follow Amazon standards. You got this?
Remember that the key is to be patient!
Rome wasn't built in a day, and getting a lot of Amazon reviews doesn't happen overnight either. Keep your attention on giving your customers what they want, and your sales and image will grow over time.
Whatever you do, don't forget to follow the rules!
Amazon reviews are the key to success in your online business. They not only raise the trustworthiness of your product but also make it stand out on the site. Even though it's tempting to cut corners. The only way to be successful is to follow Amazon's rules.
You can build a good image and get reviews the right way by giving great customer service, making sure your listings are optimized, and using Amazon's features. If you stay committed to making good items, reviews will come.
The purpose of this blog is to show you How to Get Amazon Reviews Without Breaking the Rules. If you like this blog and want to read more interesting and entertaining articles about e-commerce, please visit SellerUniverse.com, and don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter.
Is it acceptable to request feedback on Amazon?
According to Amazon's communication policy, you can only ask for a review once for each order, no matter what method you use. If you ask for a review in both directions for the same sale, Amazon might put a 30-day limit on your account for proactive buyer-seller messaging.